Friday, November 9, 2007

tgif...

i love fridays, but not for the same reason everyone else does. my "weekend" doesn't begin until sunday afternoon. i think of all the days in my week... i get the most done and have the most fun on fridays.

SCRIPTURE: 1 Sam 17:55-58 & Psalm 27:1-10
When Saul saw David go out to meet the Philistine, he said to Abner, commander of the army, "Tell me about this young man's family."

Abner said, "For the life of me, O King, I don't know."

The king said, "Well, find out the lineage of this raw youth."

As soon as David came back from killing the Philistine, Abner brought him, the Philistine's head still in his hand, straight to Saul.

Saul asked him, "Young man, whose son are you?"

"I'm the son of your servant Jesse," said David, "the one who lives in Bethlehem."

OBSERVATIONS:
-remember, saul had been entertained by david while he played the harp for him in the castle (actually, i don't know if saul had a castle... that's just how i imagined it.) by wanting to know about david's family... saul is now showing a real interest in david. where you are from tells a lot about you... if you know about someone's family you can tell a lot about them.

-dude, david is carrying around goliath's head like a little league trophy! i wonder if he held it by his nostrils or by his hair? does this mean that david was not being humble...

-this really strikes me as a dad... david's identity was tied to his family... specifically to his father. i want reagan to be proud of me. i want him to say with pride that he is from the house of milthaler.

-this psalm kicks butt! i'm not going to write down my observations... as they are a little personal.

APPLICATION:
who's your daddy. i want to be a great father and head of a great house... so that when people ask reagan "who's house are you from?" he can say with confidence that I"M HIS DADDY!

PRAYER:
help me to live a great example so that reagan and the baby can be proud of their daddy.

milthaler

No comments: